As winners of the Travelport Accelerator Program, created in partnership with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Data Appeal has worked with both organizations to develop D / AI Dfor Destinations, their destination analysis platform. Today, the Italian-scaleup releases the updated product, which includes exclusive flight booking and search data, provided by Travelport.
With a revamped interface, updated features and new datasets, Data Appeal has expanded their tool to encompass all attributes to the visitor journey – from forecasting insights and flight searches to post-stay experience and benchmarking analysis.
Designed for both public and private tourism destinations, DMOs, travel operators and ministries, D / AI Destinations is the only all-in-one territorial analysis platform specifically designed to help destination managers and marketers forecast, analyze, measure and benchmark any type of destination, its operators, its visitors and its competitors from 360 degrees.
Flight data to predict and forecast with accuracy
Together with Travelport, Data Appeal enriched their datasets with flight searches and bookings to support destination managers and marketers forecast arrivals in upcoming months, strategize effective sales investments and create targeted marketing campaigns.
Some of the new datasets include:
- Flight searches and bookings by airport and month
- Number of passengers booked and passenger origin
- Average days in advance between booking and departing
- Length of stay of passengers in a particular destination
- Main routes and the most popular flights
- Breakdown: One Way vs. Round Trip
- Passengers per booking and class of travel
- Historical data to compare previous time periods
Empowering destinations to become data-driven
Jointly, Travelport’s datasets and Data Appeal’s AI-enabled solutions and KPIs will enable tourism-related businesses and destination marketing organizations (DMOs) to:
- Monitor, analyze, benchmark and develop the customer and traveler experience of any territory
- Evaluate the impact of Covid-19 and other external factors on a destination’s demand, as well as patterns of recovery
- Identify locations with the highest investment potential around the world
- Orient sales and marketing strategies to attract the right traveler, with the right message at the right time
- Measure the ROI of sales strategies and marketing campaigns.